So our trip covered over 2000 miles and had some of these highlights that we all agreed on:
Lambeau Field in Green Bay, our cheese store stop in Wisconsin that spontaneously changed into an hour long party, Chicken Man blue grass concert that we stumbled upon in Tennessee, Pee Wee and Jimmy's visit to a fireman water fight in the U.P., the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, the May 4 Kent State Memorial, and peaceful drives through America's farmlands.
We did pretty well with the good deeds. Our favorite ones were becoming church greeters at a church in Racine, Wisconsin, Danny's gift to a boy with cerebral palsy, and getting gas for a couple in a dangerous area in Indiana.
Here is the full list - if you would like to donate, please send a check to:
Lawrenceville Cooperative Ministry, Inc.
176 Church Street
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
1. Helped a vet holding a sign in Tennessee with food and money.
2. Cleaned up the Norris Dam landscaping.
3. Put up 100 or so shopping carts at a Walmart and K-Mart in Corbin, Kentucky.
4. Big Boy chocolate shake for hotel manager in Lancaster, Ohio.
5. Water for construction workers in Kentucky.
6. Danny giving wrestling T-shirt to boy with cerebral palsy at hotel in Kent, Ohio.
7. Danny and I helping load furniture at a Salvation Army in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
8. Jimmy helping the horse poop scooper on Mackinac Island.
9. Pee Wee and Jimmy organizing trash pick up at fire station water fights in the U.P.
10. Helped the hotel cleaning people in Ishpeming, Michigan.
11. Representing Georgia well and starting a party at Simon's Cheese Store in Wisconsin.
12. Church greeters for the 10:00 service at Grace Church in Racine, Wisconsin.
13. Dinner for the hotel manager in Watseka, Illinois.
14. Gas rescue for a couple out of gas in Indiana.
15. And today - moved refrigerator for our gracious hosts Mike and Kelly in Murfreesboro.