Carlsbad, NM

Carlsbad, NM

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

July 17

Got some good news yesterday. A spot on my liver had shown up and my surgeon wanted to check it out. He operated laparoscopically and determined it was not cancer. I'm sore today but thankful for the result.

So now the next step is a week from Friday when I go in to prepare for radiation. Then radiation should begin around two weeks from Friday. The plan is to go through ten days of radiation, then a few week rest period before surgery. That's the plan as of today.

My daughter Kara and husband Peter spent the last four days with us. That was great but saying goodbye was so rough. It's also great then rough concerning our friends. It's great to hear from an enormous group of friends. The cards, gifts, emails, texts, phone calls, and Facebook messages and posts mean the world to us. But it's also rough because it makes us miss everyone so much. But we do love hearing from everyone.

Below is a photo of Kathy and I listening to a 12 Stone service online. Sometimes when there is hardship you can learn a lot about a person. And Kathy is shining. She has been my main caregiver and I'm so grateful to her for the sacrifices she's making. She meant it when she said for better and for worse, and in sickness and in health.

Tough times can make you feel closer to someone and that has been the case with Kathy and me. The same with many friends who are doing so much to help us. And the same with our Lord, there are many times when I feel closer to Him than ever. And I'm grateful for that.


11 comments:

Jim Gassman said...

Great news! Our hearts and prayers are with you daily!

Unknown said...

Incredible news Cliff! keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

The above comment is from me, Steve. I don't know how to make my name appear in the title. Go ahead and say Cliff. I know what you are thinking.

Kay Watson said...

Praise God, Cliff! I continue to pray for you and Kathy every day!! Love, Kay Watson

Knox Porter said...

O Father of mercies and God of all comfort, our only help in time of need: We humbly beseech you to behold, visit and relieve youe sick servant Cliff for whom our prayers are desired. Look upon him with the eyes of your mercy; comfort Cliff with a sense of your goodness; preserve him from the temptations of the enemy; and give him patience under his affliction. In your good time, restore Cliff to health, and enable him to lead the residue of his life in your fear, and to your glory; and grant that finally he may dwell with thee in life everlasting; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

-- from The Book of Common Prayer, posted by your appreciative friend

Kurt said...

Great news about the liver. I am glad you and Kathy are there together. We are praying for you as well as Kathy and your family. I lived in Houston for 3 years. Is it hot and 100 degrees?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Good luck with the radiation garn it!

Unknown said...

We love you guys, are praying ... and KNOW that there isn't a tougher fighter than my buddy Cliff, nor a stronger caregiver than Kathy, and a more powerful force than our God. Pretty good combination huh? Cliff, we'll take the good news and keep fighting with you in prayer my friend! Love ya, Mark & Claudia

Unknown said...

Prayers for you and your family! Praying for healing and strength that only comes from our Heavenly Father. We love you all and your always close to our hearts. So thankful for the good news this week. Much Love and Contunied Prayers-LaRae, AJ and Hannah Abbott

Unknown said...

Great news coach. Sending love from Maine.