Carlsbad, NM

Carlsbad, NM

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

August 7

There have been some setbacks but we are still hanging in there and still full steam ahead. I'm in our apartment in Houston about a mile from MD Anderson. I had an upper respiratory infection that with chemo was a pretty big deal. Now I'm dealing with blood clots in  my right leg.

But we were able to spend a week back at home last week and what great medicine that was. Seeing and laughing with friends may have been just as good medicine as chemo and radiation. Speaking of radiation I have finished two days and have eight more days. Then the docs will look at results and if everything looks good then surgery should happen around middle to late September.

The two Kathys - my sister and my wife continue to be great and loving caregivers. I don't know where I would be without them. I also don't know where I would be without all the cards, letters, emails, and prayers - thank you!!

I'll finish with this verse: "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above." In other words, cancer brings gifts - I just need to find them.


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep up the fight coach. Sending you some good vibes from Maine

Kurt said...

So glad you made it home. Looks likes surgery is just around the corner. Praying for all to go as planned and you do not have any more setbacks. Also praying for Kathy and your family.

Jim Gassman said...

Great verse and Godly counsel others are getting from you at this time!


Donna said...

your mom was sure glad to see you. Prayers and good thoughts always.

Larry Marks said...

Thanks for keeping us posted Cliff. Carol and i send our love......

kathy said...

Steve shared this poem with me. I liked it, so I thought I would pass it on.

"I know that I have life
only insofar as I have love.

I have no love
except it come from Thee.

Help me, please, to carry
this candle against the wind."

~Wendell Barry

Unknown said...

Keep fighting the fight. Praying!

Jerry

Unknown said...

Sending angels 👼

Unknown said...

Praying continually...

JasonJ said...

Keep up the good fight coach!

Unknown said...

Holding you up in prayer every day. Joel Osteen is in Houston. I would visit his church if I was there. I listen to him on the radio all the time. Very inspirational and uplifting. Jim keeps me up to date on your progress. Blessings to Kathy, your devoted wife and best friend. You’re blessed to have each other in hard times...a testimony to Gods plan for marriage.