Carlsbad, NM

Carlsbad, NM

Thursday, August 30, 2018

8/3018

I haven't posted on this blog in a while - there have been a lot of setbacks, but they are far outnumbered by the things I'm grateful for. Setbacks have included a gallbladder tube and some issues with that and the gallbladder. Some bouts of pain, some bad rashes going on now, blood clots in a leg, and a few other things.

But I have a powerful God, a loving wife who has had to take on the roll of caregiver, a wonderful family, amazing friends who pray and have come to our rescue, a better chance than most with this disease, pictures of my grandchildren to look at whenever I want, my weight has come back up - not normal but getting close, memories of a fulfilling career, memories of beautiful places visited in this country in  past few years, etc.  And many more things to be grateful for.

We are back home for a few weeks. Resting up after all the chemo and radiation. The plan is to have the Whipple surgery in a little over four weeks. Then a long recovery. God bless all of you for your help, your concern, and your prayers. I'm grateful.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you and Kathy ... Your a fighter my friend and an awesome example. Thanks for the update. Claudia and I are praying you guys through every day!!!!

Knox Porter said...

Your courage and hope as you walk through a valley are so positive. I am thankful for your lives and bright examples. May the Lord continue to hide both of you under the shadow of His wings.

Unknown said...

Love you guys! David asked me about you yesterday. Praying for you! Thanks for the update. Al

Unknown said...

Keep up the good fight Cliff. You’re looking good.

Larry Marks said...

Can’t tell a difference from ur photo Cliff
Thanks for sharing and get better fast!

Unknown said...

Cliff & Kathy, I’m praying continuously for your healing, wisdom, strength and unyielding trust in our Heavenly Father. I have had to hide myself in the “cleft of the riock” throughout these years and have always been strengthened & kept safe in His loving care. Praying for you! Vickie

Unknown said...

So happy you get to be home for a time. We pray for you and Kathy daily. Love, Lisa and Dave

Philip Milam said...

You are a fighter and you continue to coach and be an example during your battle. Love and prayers to you and Kathy Cliff, and your children as well